Notify for own changes but not for all events

Natalie Wenz February 11, 2015

Hello,

I would like to notify persons of their own changes but only for few events. For example I don't want that people get notified if they are creating a new issue but I would like that they get notified when they are assigned to an issue and they assigned by themselves. Of course I could change the notification scheme but people have different roles in several projects and for some projects it is relevant that they get notifications by their own changes and in other projects it is not.

Any idea?

1 answer

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2015

Hi Natalie!

You can enable the notifications for own changes by altering the User Default Settings under JIRA's System settings (on the Administration panel), see screenshot below.

image2015-2-18 17:56:52.png

Then you'll have to setup Notification Schemes and assign those to the projects you want to have users notified only when they make changes. My suggestion is to create one Scheme for projects you want to notify only for own changes and another for projects you want users to get all notifications.

information More information regarding Notification Schemes can be found here.

Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer