Notify Service Desk Agent on Approval

Deleted user March 15, 2017

We just installed JIRA Server 7.3 which also has SD 3.3 attached to it and are making use of the new approval feature. The customer notifications are going out great, but my agents are complaining that they aren't getting notified for an approval.  We used to have to have the manager added as a Participant and comment their approval, which fired off a notification to my agents. But now with the button-click method of approving, nothing gets sent.

I have the "Issue Updated" notifications disabled for my agents so they didn't get inbox spam - when I activated that event to test, the notification they got just looked like a blank comment from themselves.

Is there a way to enable a notification to my Agents specifically for when a service desk ticket gets approved? The "waiting for approval" customer automated e-mail is working great, but I need a solution for my agents as well.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

I think there is several plausible ways of doing this. You could see if https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-a-custom-event-notification-for-a-specific-jira-workflow-transition-or-status-720831525.html suits your needs.

Or look into JIRA Automation/JSD Automation to do something. With that I would look into triggering a comment.

Deleted user March 15, 2017

Custom event did the trick. I didn't know if the "approval" Feature for SD just overlayed the actual workflow step (since it didn't add a new step when I configured it) so I was unsure about trying this step.

It doesn't give any indication of approval or denial, but it at least lets my agents know there was an action taken on the ticket by someone and that it transitioned. That'll have to do for now. Thank you smile

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

No problem hope you manage to find the perfect solution for your needs smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events