Notifications when a issue is commented on

Tim C August 29, 2013

I have a question about notifications. Here is my scenario. Say a issue is created and someone is assigned to it, but a user who is not a "reporter", "assignee" or a "watcher" comments on that ticket. Why arnt the "reporter", "assignee" or "watcher" notified of the new comment. My notification scheme is setup to notify those users if someone adds a comment, but they arnt being notified. Does anyone have any solutions or ideas of how to get around this? Or am i doing something wrong. Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2013

Sounds like you've checked the basics, so there's a whole set of stuff I could start telling you to look at next, but it's easier to point you at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Notifications+Troubleshooting and see if anything on there jumps out at you!

0 votes
Tim C August 30, 2013

Thanks for the quick response. There was a issue with the pop server being used. Issue has been fixed

Suggest an answer