Notifications or alerts for comments etc

Deleted user January 22, 2014

Is there a feature which will show you when you log into Jira of any new notifications for you, for example if you havebeen tagged in a comment, you would have a notification like on Facebook?

I need this feature as for some reason which no one seems to be able to work out, when someone is tagged in a comment they aren't emailed so there needs to be another way of them being notified of this?

Thanks

Hannah

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2014

Hi Hannah,

With tagging in comments I assume you me mentioning use the @<usernam> macro.

Confluence provides this feature in it's notifications and this can be integrated with JIRA.

But normally this should work in a stand-alone JIRA also. Did you file a support ticket with Atlassian Support? http://support.atlassian.com

They can take a look into the logfiles and configuration to see if there are certain errors being thrown.

Does you JIRA send out other notifications without a problem?

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2014

Did you try it with an Email Address that's not part of your company (a gmail for example)? It might be that those notifications emails are purged by your company's firewall or spam filter.

Best regards,

Peter

Yes that's what I mean. I opened a support ticket but Jira couldn't find any issues with it their end and it looked to them as if the emails were in fact being sent but we didn't receieve them. (We receieve all other emails from Jira, just not comment ones)

Our IT team looked into it and they also can't see a problem, we just know they aren't coming through so all at a bit of a loss.

However I really need this function and users won't know if they have been tagged or not which isn't a good sign.

Thanks

Hannah

It comes through to my personal email, so I know it is to do with my company's policy but they can't find the issue. Originally they thought it was because of their antispoofing but we changed the domain name as suggested and this still didn't do anything.

Thanks

Hannah

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2014

If it's a problem with your companies email policy then Atlassian can't do much about it. You could for the moment use the filters from this post : http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/06/using-watchers-and-mentions-effectively/

(text ~ currentUser()) AND updatedDate &gt;= -7d ORDER BY updated DESC

and use them to create a gadget on your dashboard.

And keep on searching why this one email isn't comming through but the other ones are. (could it be because the mail is being send from a global define email address in JIRA instead of from the project defined ones?)

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks for helping me with a work around for the time being.

How would I know if an email is being sent from a global defined email address or project defined?

Thanks

Hannah

0 votes
Fringe Technology January 22, 2014

Hannah,

You might want to review this list of items to check:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Mentions+are+Not+Working+in+JIRA

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events