Notifications on project issues

Stephen Cunningham July 2, 2014

Hello

We are using Jira OnDemand. One of my colleagues would like to receive notification of all issues from one project only. Our company has a default notification scheme and I added him as a singleuser to this so that he could watch all issues. However as this default scheme is shared among 20 projects, he receives notification of issues being affected for all projects. This leads to an overload of email. I created a new notification scheme assigned only to him and was going to assign the project in question to this new notication scheme. However this would create a problem in that anyone else interested or working on this project would not receive any notifiactions of issues. Is there any way around this? i.e. adding more than one notification scheme to a project, or assigning this individual to only this project?

Stephen

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

I'm not sure why you'd look at creating notification schemes for a person, they're for projects.

I would avoid using users or groups in notification schemes here and go for something a bit more flexible.

First, go back to the default notification scheme - I assume that's working ok for everyone (except the additional mails to this user)?

Second, create a new "role" in the roles section. I've not really got a good name for this role where I have done this - it should be something like monitor, project snoop, or observers.

Third, in the default notification scheme, add the new role in to get notified on the relevant events

Finally, in EACH project you want this person to watch, add them into the new role. You can then add (or remove) other people as well, and it will be a purely project controlled thing. Project admins can maintain the observers without having to mess around with schemes or groups.

0 votes
Stephen Cunningham July 2, 2014

Thanks Nic

This has done the trick!

Appreciate the help

Suggest an answer