Notifications not sent on Assigned or Reopen

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2015

I have a group with a very basic workflow:

Step Name (id)Linked StatusTransitions (id)
Open (1)To DoComplete (11) >> Closed 
Done (2)Closed

Reopen (21) >> To Do 

When an issue is created it come in unassigned so then it gets assigned and what they want is a notification sent to the user that it has been assigned. 

Notification Scheme:

EventNotifications
Issue CreatedProject Lead, Reporter
Issue AssignedCurrent Assignee
Issue ClosedReporter, All Watchers
Issue ReopenedReporter, All Watchers, Current Assignee
Watcher NotificationAll Watchers

If I use the notification helper it says that the person is getting notifications however they are not.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2015

I believe I resolved this, the first issue was they user was not using the Assign button they were off to the right just changing the assignee, then for the reopen I think the issue was that it was not going to an open state it was going to todo so the notification has not happening, however I just created a post function to send it.

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2015

You need to look at the workflows and verify what event is being fired in the post functions.

On assigned, are you using the assign button or changing the assignee on the edit screen? If the edit screen, that doesn't fire the event for the new assignee.

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2015

Hi Michelle,

If the notification helper says that the user should be notified, maybe something is messed with the mail setting. Have you checked the Mail Queue to see if the mail is generated there? Also, it's valid to check the outgoing mail log in your JIRA_HOME folder to see if anything is logged regarding this behaviour there.

0 votes
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2015

jira.png

Assign is done by clicking the Assign button.  (I do think this is working) I think the users were getting them just going to a junk folder or something I watched the mail queue when i assigned it to a few people and email seems to be sending fine from there, also may have figured out the reopen I added post function to fire assigned, however this does not notify the Reporter or the Watchers.

Suggest an answer