Notifications for Sub-tasks

Nathan Fletcher February 10, 2016

I have an issue where the assignee of a request, that contains a number of sub-tasks which are set inherit from parent, receives email notifications for the request and every sub-task that has been assigned to them (in some cases an assignee received 25 email notifications)

Is there a way in which email notifications can be switched off for sub-tasks that are set to inherit from parent.  However, for sub-tasks that are not set to inherit from parent, I still require a notification to go to the assignee of the sub-tasks.

I've been advised that I can create a new subtask type (for issues not inherited from parent) with own workflow, and remove from it the event that generates a notification.  If this is correct I would appreciate a little more guidance as I'm still quite new to JIRA

Thanks

Nathan

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2016

No, you cannot set notifications off for subtasks. Perhaps "Issue Assigned" event is not good for the Assignee to listen to on the notification scheme?

Suggest an answer