Notifications for Issues that have not been modified in 'X' days

Michael Wells November 16, 2014

Hi there,

I'm interested to know if anyone knows of any plugins for JIRA that allows us to create custom notifications for issues that have not been modified in a certain period of time.

Example - let's just say I have an issue that's in a "waiting" status, and it's been there for 14 days (which, in this case, is longer than you'd like it to take). I'm looking to make a notification scheme that will notify the issue assignee that the issue has not been touched for 14 days.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks! smile

1 answer

0 votes
Joel Cumberland November 16, 2014

Hi, You could create a filter and subscribe. Use a JQL filter like :

status changed TO "waiting" BEFORE -2w AND resolution = Unresolved

Note:  May need to check that JQL statement is correct

Once created goto Issues > Manage Filters > Select the Subscribe link under Subscriptions

More info on filter subscriptions found here

Hope this helps

Joel

Michael Wells November 16, 2014

That sounds like a decent idea, actually. May I ask, and be aware that I'm a JIRA noob - does the subscription function alert subscribers when new issues fit that JQL filter, or will it send a weekly report, or otherwise? Thanks!

Joel Cumberland November 16, 2014

no it based on a time scheduler.....look at the "Advanced scheduling ('cron')" in the link above .... using cron you can have the system look at that Subscription filter and send email every 1,2,3,4,5 minutes or hours or days etc etc ... look at the examples and one of them might fit your needs

Suggest an answer