Notifications for Issues that have not been modified in 'X' days

Hi there,

I'm interested to know if anyone knows of any plugins for JIRA that allows us to create custom notifications for issues that have not been modified in a certain period of time.

Example - let's just say I have an issue that's in a "waiting" status, and it's been there for 14 days (which, in this case, is longer than you'd like it to take). I'm looking to make a notification scheme that will notify the issue assignee that the issue has not been touched for 14 days.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks! smile

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, You could create a filter and subscribe. Use a JQL filter like :

status changed TO "waiting" BEFORE -2w AND resolution = Unresolved

Note:  May need to check that JQL statement is correct

Once created goto Issues > Manage Filters > Select the Subscribe link under Subscriptions

More info on filter subscriptions found here

Hope this helps

Joel

That sounds like a decent idea, actually. May I ask, and be aware that I'm a JIRA noob - does the subscription function alert subscribers when new issues fit that JQL filter, or will it send a weekly report, or otherwise? Thanks!

no it based on a time scheduler.....look at the "Advanced scheduling ('cron')" in the link above .... using cron you can have the system look at that Subscription filter and send email every 1,2,3,4,5 minutes or hours or days etc etc ... look at the examples and one of them might fit your needs

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

579 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you