Notifications are not reciveing

Mohan Kiran August 19, 2013

I have create on Mai lgroup and added some users to it.

So when ever Issue created That mail group has to recive notifications, so i went to notification schemes and added mail group to issue created but still notifications are not reciving.

can you please help me out in this.

8 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

To diagnose why a user is or is not receiving notifications for an issue:

1. View the issue in JIRA.
  2. Click More Actions > Notification Helper.
  3. Enter the username of the user.
  4. Click Submit.

check this doc for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Email+Notifications#ConfiguringEmailNotifications-Troubleshootingemailnotifications

0 votes

yes notification scheme is active, i am getting another notification mails what ever i configured.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

Then add him to the same group as you have. Also ask him to reset rule in outlook.

Which jira version ? if above 5.2.11, you can use notification helper to find whether the user gets notified or not.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

it seems everything correct! so can you check what is the event you have configured in postfunction on create step? can you share if it is possible?

0 votes

yes i have enabled it.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

Check notification scheme? Is it active?

0 votes

I did below configuration settings.

1) Created group with name mail group.

2) Added user to that group.

3) Assigned that group to Issue created let say.

3) Added that notification scheme to that project.

Still he is not reciving and he is related to Jira-users group also.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

did you check the project permissions under the project's permission scheme. Users must have Browse Project permission for the project to which the issue belongs

yes i have given browse project permissions to that particular group, even i am not receivng mails.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

can you confirm whether activated the 'Do not notify me' about own changes in your profile preferences?

0 votes

Not only him, i related to jira-users and Mail group. So when i tested i am reciving emails when i am as jira-users only, mail group members are not reciving mails. I think i am missing some configuration settings. Can you please help me it is very critical.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

Are Mail group users in jira-users groups?

If not, add them or add group from Admin/Role/User

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

how you configured? did you added the notification scheme to project ?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

Check the project permissions under the project's permission scheme. Users must have Browse Project permission for the project to which the issue belongs. If you're using Issue Security Levels, ensure they are members of any Issue security levels that have been applied to the issue.

pls check i have given trouble shooting link in my answers!!

0 votes

he is receiving test mail also from JIRA

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

Ask him to clear the outlook rules.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

can you confirm that only you are not getting mail or no one in that group?

if only you then can you check whether activated the 'Do not notify me' about own changes in your profile

check hear to know how to manage profile

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+your+User+Profile

check this doc to trouble shoot notifications

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Notifications+Troubleshooting

Only one user is in that group, so he was not getting any notification. Reminaing groups are reeciving emails.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

then ask him to check his profile whether activated the 'Do not notify me' about own changes

Suggest an answer