Notifications are not reciveing

I have create on Mai lgroup and added some users to it.

So when ever Issue created That mail group has to recive notifications, so i went to notification schemes and added mail group to issue created but still notifications are not reciving.

can you please help me out in this.

8 answers

can you confirm that only you are not getting mail or no one in that group?

if only you then can you check whether activated the 'Do not notify me' about own changes in your profile

check hear to know how to manage profile

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+your+User+Profile

check this doc to trouble shoot notifications

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Notifications+Troubleshooting

Only one user is in that group, so he was not getting any notification. Reminaing groups are reeciving emails.

then ask him to check his profile whether activated the 'Do not notify me' about own changes

he is receiving test mail also from JIRA

Ask him to clear the outlook rules.

Not only him, i related to jira-users and Mail group. So when i tested i am reciving emails when i am as jira-users only, mail group members are not reciving mails. I think i am missing some configuration settings. Can you please help me it is very critical.

Are Mail group users in jira-users groups?

If not, add them or add group from Admin/Role/User

how you configured? did you added the notification scheme to project ?

Check the project permissions under the project's permission scheme. Users must have Browse Project permission for the project to which the issue belongs. If you're using Issue Security Levels, ensure they are members of any Issue security levels that have been applied to the issue.

pls check i have given trouble shooting link in my answers!!

I did below configuration settings.

1) Created group with name mail group.

2) Added user to that group.

3) Assigned that group to Issue created let say.

3) Added that notification scheme to that project.

Still he is not reciving and he is related to Jira-users group also.

did you check the project permissions under the project's permission scheme. Users must have Browse Project permission for the project to which the issue belongs

yes i have given browse project permissions to that particular group, even i am not receivng mails.

can you confirm whether activated the 'Do not notify me' about own changes in your profile preferences?

yes i have enabled it.

Check notification scheme? Is it active?

it seems everything correct! so can you check what is the event you have configured in postfunction on create step? can you share if it is possible?

yes notification scheme is active, i am getting another notification mails what ever i configured.

Then add him to the same group as you have. Also ask him to reset rule in outlook.

Which jira version ? if above 5.2.11, you can use notification helper to find whether the user gets notified or not.

To diagnose why a user is or is not receiving notifications for an issue:

1. View the issue in JIRA.
  2. Click More Actions > Notification Helper.
  3. Enter the username of the user.
  4. Click Submit.

check this doc for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Email+Notifications#ConfiguringEmailNotifications-Troubleshootingemailnotifications

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

181 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you