Notifications are not being sent when an assignee is changed

Shalena Stelzig October 31, 2014

I can send an email and a ticket is auto-created in JIRA and shown as unassigned.  However, when I assign it to a current assignee they are not receving notification that it has been assigned.  How can I fix this?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I have solved the problem.  We were not using the 'assign' button but were changing the name in the assignee field that is above the reporter name.  Once we used the 'assign' button the email notifcation worked.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2014

That is a known behavior. I should have been more explicit about using the button instead of 'the function'

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2014

Did you use the assignee function or change the assignee while editing?

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Issue supposedly fixed in JIRA 6.3.10 and 6.4-OD-10   I know 6.3.10 is available now.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29328 - Editing Assignee should trigger 'Issue Assigned' event

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

Hi, have you check your notification scheme for that project in the administration section? Make sure you have the Issue assigned event configured to notify the current user.

Try adding the reporter too to see if the reporter is getting the mail.

0 votes

Capture.JPG

I use the assignee function.  I am assigning the issue to another user.  I need for them to receive and email notification that they are being assigned an issue.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2014

When you say current assignee, do you mean the user that you are logged into at the moment?   There is an user profile setting to receive emails for actions done by you. 

Suggest an answer