Notifications: The reporter receives no notifications

Nicolas Bourdages June 15, 2014

I'm trying to get reporters to be notified when changes are made (updates, comments etc.) in issues but it won't work.

The assignee and watchers are notified correctly, as per the notification scheme, but the reporter never is. Using the notification helper, I was able to make sure that the notification scheme is ok and the the reporter user should receive notifs.

I've checked the mail queue and it's empty. After numerous tests, I can affirm something for sure: Reporters cannot receive notifications, but nothing seems to prevent watchers and assignees. I'm really stumped, because this used to work. What else could cause this?

I'm using JIRA v6.2#6252-sha1:aa34325

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

Nicolas,

Could you confirm if the reporters are the one triggering the changes? If so, please make sure that the reporters have the 'Notify My Own Changes' setting in their user profiles set to 'Notify Me'.

If this is not the case, may I know if you're using JIRA Service Desk? If so, in which version is it?

Cheers

Nicolas Bourdages June 15, 2014

Matheus,

I've tried triggering the changes with the reporter that does have the setting to be notified by his own changes, and by other users as well. The same behavior occurs.

We have Service Desk 1.2.5, but since the issues were not created through the service desk, I didn't think that was relevant.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2014

Nicolas, this is probably the problem then - there was a bug in JIRA Service Desk, which was only fixed in version 1.2.6: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-446

Please try upgrading JIRA Service Desk and see if the same problem persists! :)

Nicolas Bourdages June 16, 2014

This really seems promising. I've created a test project that doesn't have a service desk, and now the reporter gets notifications in that one.

I will update the service desk plugin.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2014

Anytime! :)

Suggest an answer