Notifications Not Working

Nathan Fletcher January 15, 2016

I've created a new Notification Scheme and, although some notifications are working (e.g. Issue Resolved), the Issue Created and Issue Closed aren't.

When a email is sent to JIRA Service Desk, the reporter receives an acknowledgement email to confirm that the request has been received.  However, when a request is created manually by a Service Desk Agent, the reporter does not receive an acknowledgement email.  Is there anything I should be checking?  I've attached a screen shot of the Notification Scheme I'm using.

Notification Scheme.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Nathan Fletcher January 18, 2016

Are you referring to the settings within Administration > User Management > Users?   If so, I can't see anywhere where this setting can be amended.

The notification when an issue is manually created within JIRA SD appears to be working for a colleague who I created within Administration > User Management > Users.  However, the notification is not working for users that have been automatically created via Active Directory Synchronisation.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

Check if the agent's profile (or ask him/her) for the settings "My Changes:Do not notify me"

Nathan Fletcher January 18, 2016

Are you referring to the settings within Administration > User Management > Users?   If so, I can't see anywhere where this setting can be amended.

The notification when an issue is manually created within JIRA SD appears to be working for a colleague who I created within Administration > User Management > Users.  However, the notification is not working for users that have been automatically created via Active Directory Synchronisation.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

Not in there. It can be found by click on your picture/avatar on the top right corner of the JIRA page.

Suggest an answer