Notification

Alok kumar Singh September 19, 2012

I have enabled the notification scheme but every body is getting notified for all the changes. How to stop this.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

You need to read (and edit) the notification scheme - you've probably done something like "for all events, notify the group "jira users". That should stop.

I usually set up a scheme that starts with "for all events, notify reporter, assignee and all watchers" and then amend it as required.

Alok kumar Singh September 19, 2012

For all the events I have added specific users, but still everyone is getting notified.....where can i find "for all events, notify the group "jira users".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

I'm not sure what you are looking at.

Open the notification scheme that is used for the project you are looking at (you may have only one scheme). That has a list of events that can happen, alongside who it sends emails to. In there, I think you have somehow named "everyone" (for example, you've used the jira-users group).

Please have a read of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme to see what you should be looking at.

Suggest an answer