Notification when issues change certain states

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Hi

I want to trigger an email to all members in a project role when an issue transitions from status A to status B (this is in addition to the notification scheme i would be having)

How is this possible?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

Use the notification scheme.

To completely isolate it, I would

• Add a new event called something better than "my odd change"
  • Go into the workflow and change the post-function that says "fire event" from whatever it says now to your new event
  • Go into the notification scheme and find your new event, and add "role X" to the line that matches your event, along with anyone else who should be told.

This isolates your change completely from existing processes, but quicker is to simply add the notification for the role to the existing A->B event. But it might not be right because the event might be fired by other processes.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Hi Nic

thanks for your response. I understood your first part i.e. to create an event, add the project role to the event and add it to the workflow transition post-function.

But can you please explain the second solution, i did not get it

"but quicker is to simply add the notification for the role to the existing A->B event. But it might not be right because the event might be fired by other processes."

Rahul

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

Ah, sorry, yes.

Go look at the workflow, you will find that the transition from A to B already has "Fire event X" as a post function.

The quick fix I mention is to just use that event to send email to the role. BUT, it's risky because the event might be being fired in other places. So you need to think about it.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

thanks Nic for the response

Suggest an answer