Notification through the website

sara alsaif July 16, 2017

Hello 

I'm wondering if there is a way to recieve notifications through the website when I'm assigned to an issue ? 

I am already recieving email, but i want to be notified when i open the website . same as the one in confluence .

confluence notification

thank  you 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2017

No, Jira doesn't have that function.

Tasks in Confluence are incidental and there's no quick way to go see "my tasks", but Jira is an issue-tracker, the whole thing is built to tell you about issues, so the argument goes that you should simply use the activity stream and/or a dashboard to see your "notifications".

sara alsaif July 16, 2017

thanks for your respond .

Can I program a plug in ? if yes how hard is it :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Yes, you could write something to do this.  I don't know how hard it would be.  Injecting the tray icon and display into the menu would be reasonably easy, but I don't know the best way to get stuff into it.  A listener for "everything" feels like overkill. 

If it's just "my tasks get assigned to me" though, I'd simplify it and remove the need for a display - a button that links to the stock "assignee = currentUser" JQL and maybe a listener to pick up "assign" events.

Suggest an answer