Notification that includes a reference to the ticket?

Geoffrey Moes September 11, 2012

My users want a list of very specific people to be e-mailed with each movement of a ticket through the workflow. To achieve this, I am using a Post-Function Script to send a custom e-mail, which allows me to list out the recipients in the post-function step rather than mess about with notification groups.

Using this function, I am able to specify my own text and subject for the e-mail. Is there any way to include a dynamic reference to the ticket that spawned the custom e-mail? For instance, if the transition occured on TICKET-105, is there a way to make that be included in the subject and/or body of the custom e-mail using a flag?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2012

That depends on your script. The post-function has access to all the information you need (basically a handle on the issue it is currently running for), but whether your scripting can use that or not depends on what you're running and how.

Suggest an answer