Notification templates support wiki markup (Jira 6.1)?

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

I have wiki markup in a description of issue. When receiving notifications (comments on the issue), the wiki in the description in not rendered. For instance I get:

[linkname|url]

in the email.

Is there any way to have wiki markup rendered in email templates?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2014

Hello Adolfo/Tim!

According to our official renders documentation, the rendered content (i.e. exactly what you see on the 'View Issue' page) will be sent out in the emails if you have the notifications as HTML.

If you have "Text" for the notifications when using the Atlassian Wiki Renderer, the actual wiki markup (unrendered) will be displayed in text emails for fields that use the Wiki Style Renderer.

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

Thanks, notifications are HTML.

I opened a case and I was told this was a bug. It would be good to have a reference to the issue id to watch.

Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2014

Yes you are correct.

I found this BUG report that seems to be related:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31199

According to this report, it only affects issues with the fields "Description" and "Environment" containing Wiki Markup (just like the screenshot on the support case).

I will review the Support case and do some testing on the latest release to see if we're still affected by this.

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2014

I will watch that issue.

Thanks.

0 votes
Tim Theis April 24, 2014

I'm also looking for a solution to this problems... Any luck on this one?

0 votes
Tim Theis April 24, 2014

I'm also looking for a solution to this problems... Any luck on this one?

Suggest an answer