Notification sent when I update the status while I shloudn't

mel vega November 18, 2015

Hi,

I still receive notifications when I update the issue and transition for example the issue to another status while I deleted all the roles in the notifcations.

Any ideas of what I should disable in addition ?

thanks

Melissa

3 answers

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2015

In additional to Nic's response and as you added the Service Desk tag, also check if you don't have any automation rule sending this notification out.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2015

All issue updates (including transitions) fire "events".  You can't change what is fired for system events (edit will always fire update events, comment will fire comment events etc), but you can change the post-function on all transitions to fire whatever event you want.

Then there is a second layer:  The JIRA notification system listens for events, and sends emails to the people listed for that event.

So, the answer here is simple - review your notification scheme for that project.  It sounds like it isn't just saying "tell role X about event Y", there's obbiously more you haven't looked at yet.

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

What does the notification look like?  It's possible there is a custom script listener sending out the email, those can be independent of the notification scheme if sent directly instead of via triggering an event.

Suggest an answer