Notification on no status change in a period of time

Medhat October 6, 2014

Hi, I run multiple teams with JIRA projects across product lines. I would like to find an easy way to create "NOT" event in JIRA. The notification configuration is pretty flexible, but what I need is the opposite of that. Instead of email when issue status changes, I want notification when issue status doesn't change in X days. Another case is when an issue sits in a status for a period of time (Issues in reviews longer than X days), or a WIP limit is reached, etc.

I looked at the documentation around notification, workflows, Jelly scripts, and even SAL. The last two being the extreme options I'd like not to resort to. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2014

Most simple one is to work out a filter for "status has not changed", then you can subscribe to it, use it in gadgets and so-on.  I haven't tried it in detail, but try something like "status = <x> and status was <x> before -7d"

0 votes
Medhat October 6, 2014

I will try that. Thanks.

Suggest an answer