Notification not triggering

kanchana wijerathna August 12, 2015

We have a user who is a system administrator,  but Any updates from him to projects do not trigger notifications. What would be the cause for this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

What are the changes and what does the notification scheme say?

Hi,

I am getting in the log file.

Mail Queue Service [atlassian.jira.mail.MailingListCompiler] Failed adding mail for notification recipient: [email=xxx@yyy.com, user=zzz:3]

java.lang.NullPointerException

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

A null pointer exception is not a helpful error message in java, it's the fallback that really doesn't mean much more than "something has gone wrong". You need to look at all of the error message. You can ignore most of the lines in the error, they are for coders, giving the lines of java they'd need to look at, but we do need to see the other lines that say "caused by" or other more English-like phrases.

i think my user lost his avitar anyway. In jira it shows as cross mark. in the log file 5. java.lang.NullPointerException com.atlassian.jira.avatar.AvatarManagerImpl.getOrGenerateLargerAvatarFile(AvatarManagerImpl.java:345) shows. Would that be the problem ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2015

Possibly, but go back to the original error and work through the lines in that to find the cause.

Suggest an answer