Notification is send to a non-JIRA User

Regina Stolerman June 5, 2013
I'm trying to find out why a former user who is currently not a member of any group is being sent an email by the Notification Scheme for NEW issues that this user is not associated with in any shape or form. This user still has some old issues assigned to him, as well as he is still a Reporter on some old issues. So if I'd get notifications on any updates on these old issues, that would be understandable, but why on the new issues???

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Regina Stolerman June 10, 2013
I believe it is an Active check box on the User Profile that needs to be checked.
1 vote
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2013

Hi Regina,
This does sound like a notification scheme configuration as mentioned by Bushan. If you do not manage to find anything in your notification scheme that would explain why this ex-user is getting these notification, you should also look into the users/groups defined in the Project Roles related to the perticular project. If none of these options provide you with any insight on why the user receives the notification, I would advice you to change the email address of the user to a bogus address, to ensure he does not receive any notifications from that point on, and contact Atlassian Support to provide you assistance in the issue.
Cheers,

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Hi Regina,

Have you checked your notification scheme? It is possible that you would have selected the "Single user" option.

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer