Notification for all issue types except one

Mike Smith March 11, 2013

Still a newbie to Jira admin ...

How do I configure a project to receive all notifications for new tickets created EXCEPT for one specific Issue Type?

Maybe I am missing the boat in the documentation... any help is appreciated.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Smith March 27, 2013

Unfortunately, it appears that this is not possible, because the "create" transition cannot be edited.

0 votes
Mike Smith March 19, 2013

Apparently, I am still confused. I copied an existing workflow with the intent of adding it to the scheme. It seems that:

1. From what I understand, if I change the initial transaction, it would change it for every project that uses it.

2. Possibly because it is the initial transition, I cannot delete the "Create" transition and add a different one that is not attached to other projects.

Please notice the attached graphic... any additional help would be appreciated.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Not as easy as you might think! Notifications are event based and is configured per project. What you can do though is to configure the workflow to throw different events when an issue is created.

Default one is "Issue Created" event. You can modify the workflow for the issuetype, for which you don't need the norification, and remove the event from the post functions of "Create" transition. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Workflow+Configuration#AdvancedWorkflowConfiguration-Postfunctions

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Maybe you have to define an event, let's say "New issue". In your workflow you add the event as a post-function of the "create issue" transition and address the event in your notification scheme. That way you would need different workflows though. One for "all issues exept the special one" where you use the normal issue created event and the other one for your specific issue. Hope that helps. Cheers

Suggest an answer