Notification for Mentions don't work

Nicolas Neumann October 18, 2016

We are using @mentions in our JIRA Software, but the mentioned users don't get notifications.

I don't mean any email notifications! We are only looking for a notification the mentioned user can see in JIRA or Confluence.

Thank you for your help in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Neumann October 19, 2016

Thank you for your answers.

The Add-On shows exactly what we need, but I thought there's a default function in JIRA which do this.

It worked for a while in our system, that someone mentioned other users by using @user and this user got the notification on the top bar in Confluence. I don't know what changed.

Do you know if there's a general configuration or notification setting I need to check?

0 votes
Bartek Gatz October 19, 2016

Nicolas,

If you are using an on-premises version of JIRA you might want to take a look at this free JIRA add-on called "Actionables for JIRA". https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.spartez.actionables/server/overview It comes with a JIRA "notification inbox" listing the tasks assigned to the users. 

Regards,

Bartek.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

The feature of @user is only for notifications and it is not related to permissions. If the user need to see an issue, he needs to have view issue permission.

Suggest an answer