Notification emails getting queued up

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Hi

I recently upgraded the hardware on jira from 32 bit windows server to 64 bit server (jira 5.0.2)

After upgrade i am experiencing a strange problem.

My email queue is getting queued up. Emails are very slow. It takes anywhere between 6hrs -12 hrs for notification email to get delivered.

I have alloted 1 GB ram to the 64 bit? do you think it is memory related.

I have checked with my network administrator, there is no throttling at my exchange server.

Also, i tried to login to the server and tried to telnet an email to the exchange server and the email was received instantly, which proves that the issue is not at exchange server too.

We did not have this problem on 32 bit windows server.

PS: the time out on our exchange server is 30 sec so we had to increase the time out on jira mail server to 40000ms or 40sec (from default 10000ms)

Any help?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

The problem was with our archive email server which crashed and hence we had this huge build up of emails. We resolved the issue yesterday and our emails from jira started flowing normally.

Rahul

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2013

Suggest an answer