Notification emails getting queued up

Hi

I recently upgraded the hardware on jira from 32 bit windows server to 64 bit server (jira 5.0.2)

After upgrade i am experiencing a strange problem.

My email queue is getting queued up. Emails are very slow. It takes anywhere between 6hrs -12 hrs for notification email to get delivered.

I have alloted 1 GB ram to the 64 bit? do you think it is memory related.

I have checked with my network administrator, there is no throttling at my exchange server.

Also, i tried to login to the server and tried to telnet an email to the exchange server and the email was received instantly, which proves that the issue is not at exchange server too.

We did not have this problem on 32 bit windows server.

PS: the time out on our exchange server is 30 sec so we had to increase the time out on jira mail server to 40000ms or 40sec (from default 10000ms)

Any help?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

The problem was with our archive email server which crashed and hence we had this huge build up of emails. We resolved the issue yesterday and our emails from jira started flowing normally.

Rahul

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

708 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you