Notification based on event and field value

Ronald Hegel March 23, 2014

I would like to send an e-mail notification to a group when an issue is closed and ExternalID field is not null. I'm sorry, but the help documentation is lacking and/or fractured. Can this be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

The first part is easy. To send a mail when an issue is closed, you can just add the group as a recipient in the notification scheme for the event which is thrown in the workflow post function. But to thrown events based on conditions like "External ID is null", you will need plugins which is not possible in onDemand.

There is a nice workaround though. You can create a filter that will show issues that are closed in the last N minutes and "External ID is null". You can then subscribe that filter to group every N minutes. It won't be real time but you can achieve near real time by giving a minute or so as the delay! Will that work?

Ronald Hegel March 24, 2014

Okay... this is strange. The filter will not save the clause:

and "External issue ID" is not empty

It parses it out of the rest of the filter criteria on save. Anyone?

0 votes
Ronald Hegel March 24, 2014

Ok... thanks so much Jobin! Thought I was going crazy not being able to find the conditional thing. Filter solution seems like a workable solution! Thanks again!

Suggest an answer