Notification about new version of JIRA (like we get for new versions of the plugins)

Carsten Beck-Astrup November 22, 2012

Is it possible to get notified when a new version (especially minor) of JIRA is ready for download?

The plugins has this feature (watch add-on) and it would be nice to have for main products too.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2012

Hi Carsten,

The way I am also using it is to subscribe to RSS feed for all JIRA Technical Alerts..

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Technical+Alerts

Then you will never miss important things like even minor release of JIRA.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mirek

Carsten Beck-Astrup November 26, 2012

Hi, on the page you link to, is it also possible to "watch" the page (if you are logged in). Thereby getting notification on any change.

Metin Savignano May 23, 2019

The page did not get updated any more since Jira 6.4. How to get updates now?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2012

Licenced users get those emails. I'm not sure if there's a mailing list to sign up for though

Carsten Beck-Astrup November 22, 2012

Yes, I get the e-mail for new major versions like JIRA 5.2. But can I get an e-mail when the 5.2.1 is released?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2012

Ah, sorry, I missed that. No, we don't get mailed for point releases. I use the technical alerts RSS feed myself

Suggest an answer