Notification Scheme

HongChao Song June 26, 2017

Hi guys,

We need to get mail notification when some admins add/modify/delete permission sheme, is it possible to through some configurations on the JIRA, such as notification schema.

If not possible, what is the better way to achive it? Add on plugin or others? Please give me some advice, thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

Hi,

I don't think that this is possible and I've never heard of a plugin that provides such functions.

I think, you have to trust your admins.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

Thomas is right, there is nothing like this.  Notification schemes are for issues, not configuration.

You'll need to write add-ons that can hook into it (I've not seen one to do it)

The only tracking there is currently is the audit log.

HongChao Song June 28, 2017

thanks, we should change our direction.

We have another two questions.

1.Does JIRA provide some event, such as scheme been update?

2.We want to send some mail notification not only about issues but also other things, in another word ,we need to customize ourself mail notification,is it possible? and which kind of plugin could implement that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2017

No, there are no events for that.  The audit log captures scheme changes, but there are no events.

You could write a plugin to hook into the administrative stuff in a similar way to the audit log does, but I'm not sure how complex it might be.

HongChao Song June 28, 2017

thanks.

We want to send some mail notification not only about issues but also other things, in another word ,we need to customize ourself mail notification,is it possible? and which kind of plugin could implement that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2017

I'm not sure what you mean by "type of plugin".  You need to find or write an add-on that you can deploy on JIRA.

HongChao Song June 29, 2017

yes, I am finding an add-on, but don't have any clue.

Do you know which plugin module is suitable for mail notification?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2017

Most modules can be made to do mail notifications.  You need to be writing a module that can hook into the administration functions.  I'm not sure that there is a specific type for that.

HongChao Song June 29, 2017

thanks, I have fixed this issue by  MailServerManager mailServerManager = ComponentAccessor.getMailServerManager();

Maybe my question is not clear.

Suggest an answer