Notification Scheme doesn't work

pamela guo November 8, 2012

I am using a trial version and set the project to use default notification scheme. However, it doesn't send any email out.

The email server is configured correctly and send test email successfully. Also, subscription works fine and sends email on schedule.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2012

Have you got "email me on my own changes" enabled in your profile? If it's off, then you won't get any mail from your own actions.

You are so right. It's working now.

One more question, i found all the users are set with "Do not notify me" by defaul. How can I change all the users' preferences to get the notification?

Thank you very much.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2012

That one catches loads of people ;-)

Go to Admin -> users -> User preferences

That's where the defaults are taken from (for people who have never customised their profiles. If someone has, then their profile has branched from the default and won't be updated)

Thank you so much, Nic

Suggest an answer