Notification Issue

Nagalakshmi May 20, 2015

Hi All,

I am trying to get notification alert by mail when issue is created. I have created new notification scheme and the notification was added to particular issue type but mails are not getting generated. Tried with single Email address still mails are not getting generated. Set the email address in notification also.

2 answers

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

Nagalakshmi

It worth checking Joe Pitt's suggestion to check if JIRA is configured to send notifications of your own changes on your profile configuration. In addition you can run the notification helper to help you understand why the notification is not being sent out (refer the URL below).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Admin+Helper#JIRAAdminHelper-NotificationHelper

Hope it helps!

Cheers

L.F

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2015

How are you testing? Are you creating the issue and expecting an email? If so your ID may be setup to not send emails for your own actions. I set the default to that when I install JIRA. You can change it in your profile.

If no one is getting emails you need to check the email server setup and have your support folks make sure all the ports are open and firewall isn't blocking you.

Suggest an answer