Notification Email Issue Details

Nathan Davis October 30, 2013

Hi there,

Wondering if this setup is possible with the product:

1 - We create Issues, and log time to the Issues (either with the default Timetracker if needed, or hopefully with Tempo if this flow will allow)

2 - We setup a notification for each of our separate projects, to send an email to different project owners. These owners are not Jira users, outside email addresses.

3 - The content of the email shows details of the issues and the hours logged, along with the description of the log report.

Could this work?

Thanks

Nathan

6 answers

1 vote
ED October 31, 2013

Got the Report with Time Tracking added, thanks so much. Final issue is that I can seem to add the subscription directly to this report. Is there a way to associate this report to a subscription? Also ideally run it each day?

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013
  1. Create some report that you wish to subscribe to.
  2. Click the "subscribe" button found at the top of the report.
  3. Click "issues" from the top menu. at the very bottom of that menu, you should see some reference to "Timesheet" and "Subscriptions." Click "Subscriptions."
  4. You'll then see a link called "Schedule." You can set frequency of delivery there.
0 votes
ED November 5, 2013
0 votes
Nathan Davis November 5, 2013

We are learning today that this feature may be part of 2.5, and JIRA OnDemand currently only has 2.4 installed. Major major feature loss for us.

0 votes
Nathan Davis October 31, 2013

Thanks so much Tanner. For some reason after I create any report there is not a button to Subscribe on the page, as well in the Issues drop down there is nothing for Timesheet or Subscriptions. Maybe it is a difference in the OnDemand instance

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

couldn't tell ya since we use the download version. if you look at the screenshots on the marketplace listing, you should see that "Subscribe" button in at least one of the shots though if you want a sanity check.

Daren Edmiston November 5, 2013

Hi Nathan, I am using ondemand, and I do not have a subscribe option either. I would love this option.

0 votes
ED October 31, 2013

I love this concept, thanks very much. I can't seem to get reports to look like they do in the first link, to show the table with the number of hours logged, left, etc. Is there a JQL script for this?

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2013

on the time sheet report, find the box that says "additional fields." add "time tracking" and it'll be added.

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2013

the first solution that comes to mind is using JIRA Timesheet Reports. It's not tempo, but it's what our organization uses for time management, and it's one of my favorite plugins. the plugin has subscription functionality that you can read about here and here. of course, those reports require you to be a JIRA user to subscribe. you could make them inactive JIRA users who don't consume a seat after you set them up with a subscription. i'm not certain that will work, but it sounds feasible at least in theory. if you don't care to create accounts for them, you could designate someone in the organization to subscribe to the report and forward along when they get it.

Suggest an answer