Notfiy User Roles When Custom Field Value Changes?

Stephen Williams December 3, 2017

I have added a custom field 'Blocked 'Reason' to my project. This is simply a text custom field. I'm using JIRA Server v7.3.0.

I want to notify 2 specific user roles within the issue (top right corner of the issue under People) when this custom field's value is changed:

1. Issue Assignee

2. Issue Reporter

and maybe 3. QA Engineer

Is there a tool or plugin that will allow me to do this? I've already looked around the tubes, and I should specify two clarification points:

1. I only want to notify these user roles when the custom field changes, not the issue.

2. I've tried using the Automation for JIRA add-on which allows me to notify users, but it does not allow me to pick a user role. Since each issue will have different Assignee, Reporter, and QA Engineer, I need to be able to allow JIRA to determine the user assigned to the role.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2017

Hello,

You can use Automation plugin for it but you need to do the following steps.

1. Create your own event and bind it to the project notification scheme (while binding you can choose the required roles). You can read more about it here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-a-custom-event-notification-for-a-specific-jira-workflow-transition-or-status-720831525.html

2. In the Automation plugin choose publish event as the action and pick your custom event.

Stephen Williams December 4, 2017

Thanks Alexey, I will give this a try and see how it works.

Suggest an answer