Not seeing 'update' button for plugins

Norman Hills August 7, 2012

Jira 5.0.4

JIM plugin 2.4.1

Just had a notification from Jira that some updates are available for some of my plugins, I goto the manage plugins page and see them listed, the only 'update' button I see is an 'update all' one at the top-right of the screen. I'm hesitant to use this since it will, obviously, try to update JIM and as the last two JIM updates have crashed by Jira instance I'm not keen to risk it again. I'm pretty sure that the last time I did updates you could expand the plugin section and each plugin had it's own 'update' button - Am I going crazy? :-)

Cheers

Norman

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Make sure the plugin update is available for your version of JIRA. If so, you should see the Update buttong when you click on the plugin in UPM.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Not all of them "might" be available. "Update All" will be there if you atleast have one plugin update for your version. I am asking about the ones you are specifically looking to update. Check the marketplace version matrix.

The manage plugins screen displays this text ;

Available Updates

These plugins have updates that are compatible with your current version of JIRA and may be updated immediately.

so i am forced to assume that they *are* available for my version.

Shoddy interface design then :-) since the screen says this

Available Updates

These plugins have updates that are compatible with your current version of JIRA and may be updated immediately.

Balsamiq Mockups

JIRA iCalendar Plugin

JIRA Importers Plugin (JIM)

JIRA Issue Collector Plugin

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

I'll wait a couple of days and see if the download button magically appears.

Suggest an answer