Not seeing 'update' button for plugins

Jira 5.0.4

JIM plugin 2.4.1

Just had a notification from Jira that some updates are available for some of my plugins, I goto the manage plugins page and see them listed, the only 'update' button I see is an 'update all' one at the top-right of the screen. I'm hesitant to use this since it will, obviously, try to update JIM and as the last two JIM updates have crashed by Jira instance I'm not keen to risk it again. I'm pretty sure that the last time I did updates you could expand the plugin section and each plugin had it's own 'update' button - Am I going crazy? :-)

Cheers

Norman

1 answer

0 votes

Make sure the plugin update is available for your version of JIRA. If so, you should see the Update buttong when you click on the plugin in UPM.

Not all of them "might" be available. "Update All" will be there if you atleast have one plugin update for your version. I am asking about the ones you are specifically looking to update. Check the marketplace version matrix.

The manage plugins screen displays this text ;

Available Updates

These plugins have updates that are compatible with your current version of JIRA and may be updated immediately.

so i am forced to assume that they *are* available for my version.

Shoddy interface design then :-) since the screen says this

Available Updates

These plugins have updates that are compatible with your current version of JIRA and may be updated immediately.

Balsamiq Mockups

JIRA iCalendar Plugin

JIRA Importers Plugin (JIM)

JIRA Issue Collector Plugin

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

I'll wait a couple of days and see if the download button magically appears.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,958 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot