Not receiving some notifications

Deleted user February 24, 2014

After setting up a new project, I created about 15 issues last night.

The people assigned the issues appear to have received notifications.

I as the reporter of the issues did not receive any notification, even though it is set to use the Default Notification Scheme.

We have checked our incoming mail servers and the messages did not arrive.

When I use the Notification Helper tool, none of the issues appear available in the drop down issue selector. Only one issue appeared there when it had no assignee. Once it had an assignee it disappeared from the list.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2014

It sounds like you have the "do not email me on my own changes" flag set in your profile. That kills off emails that your activity would normally send to yourself.

e.g. if "create" is supposed to go to "assignee and project lead", and you are the project lead, you will get notified of issues created by everyone. Unless you create them

the flag assumes you don't need emails to confirm that you've just done something!

Deleted user February 24, 2014

I am an idiot, thanks!

Still doesn't explain why the notification helper doesn't populate it's issue list though. :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2014

Nah, it's easy to miss - there's so much in Jira, you can't be expected to remember all of it, especially if you're new (and heck, I forget that one for a while on every second client site!)

No, it doesn't explain the notification checker - I think that needs rechecking to see if it's reporting accurately - could you re-test (now knowing the thing about notify yourself, of course)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events