Not receiving email notification

Jhomer Rodas June 30, 2016

Our team cannot receive an email from JIRA. Following are the results of the research I've done. Can somebody give any idea why we are encountering this issue. Thanks

• Cannot see the "Configure new SMTP mail server".
  • Sent a test email, JIRA says that email has been sent, but nothing has been received.
  • All Notifications Troubleshooting are saying that email notification are working properly but no emails are being received by JIRA users.

problem is i can't see the outgoing email config. i can only see the attached. note i am a site-admin and JIRA administrator but not JIRA system administrator. some are saying that i have to be a JIRA system administrator to access the outgoing email config. Unfortunately i cannot see the option to add a JIRA system administrator. 

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

I think you're on a Cloud system.  Can you confirm that?

If you are, then

• You won't get system admin, it's limited to Atlassian support.
  • You don't get to mess with the outgoing mail system beyond being able to turn it on and off.
  • As the tests are showing outgoing mail running ok, the problem is almost 100% certain to NOT be a problem on that end.

I would raise this with Atlassian Cloud support to check the third one, and see if they can get an error message when they do a test that might help you, but I suspect the problem is on the receiving end, not Cloud.

Jhomer Rodas July 3, 2016

Yep we are on cloud system. thanks, I am going to ask our exchange server administrator if something is blocking the JIRA email. One issue though is we might have no idea what email address or IP coming from JIRA we are going to allow in our ex server. Please note that I have received the first email from Atlassian <noreply@atlassian.com> during the Atlassian Cloud account setup. Thanks,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2016

The system you created the account with is not the Cloud system, and has a different email system, so that might explain that difference.

If you do go to Atlassian Cloud support on this, you could ask for the IP address range for all the Cloud server, although I think the email address would be a better identifier as it won't change.

Jhomer Rodas July 3, 2016

Thank you, will do that.

Jhomer Rodas July 4, 2016

Hi Nic,

Here's the weird one, we received some emails from JIRA yesterday, but today none at all. Seems that the email notification was turned off. Kinda odd. We have not change any configuration in our exchange server and JIRA settings.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2016

You'll need to take this to Atlassian support to confirm what was sent by your system.

Jhomer Rodas July 5, 2016

Thanks i already logged a support ticket.

L J October 18, 2017

I have the same issue,but I can't contact JIRA admin.

0 votes
Jhomer Rodas June 30, 2016

Capture.PNG

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

can you share outgoing email configuration screen?

Suggest an answer