Not possible to edit own filter

Anna Smirnova December 2, 2021

One of my colleagues can't change his own filter. JQL is right, he has "Save" button but then got an error "filter cannot be saved"

2 answers

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2021

Hi @Anna Smirnova ,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that.

Could you please ask your colleague to open this filter and check the Details and check the Permissions? Is this filter marked as Private? You can check there too.

This filter is visible to 2 groups in the project. And he is the owner

That is actually the same for all his filters.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2021

Thanks @Anna Smirnova  for your response.

May I suggest a work around and try if this sorts out the issue? Could you please create a new filter with same permission and use the JQL used here and try to save that see what happens? If it works out , please check and let me know here.

I actually can't do it. I shared with one of the groups coz I'm in it and can't share with the other.

Is it a Cloud "function" that you can share only with a group you are in?

Anyway I can edit filter in this situation.

But my colleague is only in one of the groups he shared with. Could that be a reason?

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2021

@Anna Smirnova  - Thanks for your response.

Let me explain again. You/ your colleague go to the Filter an click on - Switch to JQL. Select and copy the JQL from this create a new filter with same permission and check the outcome. 

Now, WRT Shared Filters - it can only be edited by its owner, the ownership can't be changed to a new user if the new user has already shared a filter with the same name or does not have permission to view the shared filter, please check this guide for reference - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-shared-filters/. Is it the case here?

Anna Smirnova December 3, 2021

I think the case is that he made a filter, shared it, and then was excluded from one of the groups. As I understood you can only share a filter (give permission to view) to group you are in.

Sounds unlogical for me. But seems as it's a problem

0 votes

-

Suggest an answer