Not notifiying about commenting on issues

Yael Dvorin November 27, 2019

Hey,

We have two different workflows, and two workflow schemes.

One of them sends notification about everything (but internal bugs and tasks) to our stakeholders (his decision) and the scheme has only internal bugs and tasks, so the stakeholder will not get notified about these created issues.

I came to see another problem: we need to turn off notifications for commenting on this type of issues (the internal) but I can't seem to find a decent way to doing so.

Any help? 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

Hello Yael,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that, for a specific type of issue (Internal), you would like to restrict the comment notification from being sent ONLY for your stakeholders, but keep it notifying other users. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to filter which notifications you want to sent for each issue type, although we have a feature request opened for it:

Being able to create notification groups based on "Issue Type" 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

That being said, we recommend you to use two different projects to manage internal and external requests, using two separated notification schemes to select which groups should receive notifications about which actions and issue types. You can check the documentation below to know how you can configure your notification schemes:

Creating a notification scheme 

If you have any questions about the suggested solution, please provide us more details about your current scenario so we can look out for any other options that would match your business case.

Suggest an answer