Not letting me create an issue

Kirsten McVey April 17, 2018

When trying to create a new issue, it won't let me save it until I've selected 'billable', however, the field 'billable' isn't showing (this is an issue we have a lot, seems like a bug where sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't). 

2 answers

1 vote
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Hi Kirsten,

1. Your field has to be in the screen of issue creation (so please go to the creation screen you are using and make sure the field is there) 
  2. The field must not be 'Hidden' in the Field Configuration your are using. 

For more information, see this link.

The two conditions (1 & 2) are mandatory in order to see the field in the creation screen.  You may say that there is some overlap : Yes you are right.

Hope it helps. 

cheers

Hi Mohammed,

I'm in the view for creating issues and when I go to configure fields and select 'Show Fields: All' it still doesn't show me the billable field - is there somewhere else I can change this?

Thanks

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

The button (Configure Fields > Show Fields : All) shows you only what the admin has configured in : 

1. The screen of issue creation
  2. The 'Field Configuration' related to your issue type (Field Configuration Scheme)

In order to show the field you want, you (if you have Admin rights) or your JIRA Admin have/has to add the field in the screen. 

Another solution is to ask your Admin to configure the field as 'Optional' in the field configuration. Because since you are blocked in the issue creation, that means that the field is set to 'required' in your 'Field Configuration' used in your project (which means it is not hidden). 

Is it ok?

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2018

Your administrators have set the billable field mandatory, but not put it on the screens.

You need to get your administrators to configure the field correctly - optional in projects where it's not on-screen or not wanted, and mandatory only in places where it should be.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your response, I'll flag this with our admin.

Suggest an answer