Not getting resolved/closed or reopen notification

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2015

I have a project that has the following notification scheme, all the notifications work other than resolve, close and reopen.

Issue Created

Issue Updated

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers

Issue Assigned

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers

Issue Resolved

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers

Issue Closed

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers

Issue Commented

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers

Issue Comment Edited

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers

Issue Comment Deleted

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers

Issue Reopened

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers

Issue Deleted

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers
  • Project Role (Administrators)

Issue Moved

• Current Assignee
  • All Watchers
  • Project Role (Administrators)

Work Logged On Issue

Work Started On Issue

Work Stopped On Issue

Issue Worklog Updated

Issue Worklog Deleted

Generic Event

Issue In-Queue

Issue Deferred

Issue In ASR Review

Watcher Notification

When I check the notification helper it says that it shows I should be getting the notification but i do not.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2015

Most probably you are not firing "Issue Resolved", "Issue Closed", "Issue Ropened" notifications from your workflow transitions. Check each workflow transition's Post Functions and ensure that there is something like "Fire a Issue Reopened event that can be processed by the listeners." for every transition.

0 votes
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2015

Thanks I did the fire event on the workflow and that worked.

0 votes
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2015

It states at the bottom that the notification helper shows I should be getting a notification.  I tried to attach it as a screen shot but for some reason it will not upload.

0 votes
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2015

As it already states I am getting the notifications for all other actions just not the close reopen or resolve there for the disable notification option is not the issue..

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2015

Please check mail queue then you can identify whether its an issue with Jira or the Mail Server. It will help you track down the root cause. Thanks, Sumit

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2015

It is sending notifications for all other events just not these 3 so it is not the mail server it is JIRA not triggering it for some reason

0 votes
Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2015

Apart from that , you also need to check your profile and see if you have disabled notify me options. Which sends out notifications for your own actions.

Thanks,

Sumit 

0 votes
GlobalTools September 25, 2015

this is not the only place from where the notifications are handled. Please have a look at the workflow as well and find out which events are getting triggered which these transitions are performed.

Then look at the notification scheme to check whether the conditions are matching for a notification to be sent or not.

If you are an admin you can check mail queue to identify whether they are being fired up from Jira.

Also , using notification helper in recent version of JIRA you can actually check if you should recieve notification for a certain transition or not .

Thanks,

Sumit

Suggest an answer