Not allow users to pick "Backlog" value from dropdown for Affects Versions field

helen levich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

I'm wondering if anyone tried not to allowing users to pick "Backlog"  from dropdown for Affects Versions field. This is on issue review screen when user is trying to update Affected Versions on existing issue in Jira.

I could prevent users to pick "Backlog"  value during creating issue. I used ScriptRunner simple validator on workflow.

issue.issueType.name != 'Bug' || !(issue.affectedVersions*.name.contains("Backlog"))

It would prevent creating issue and giving error "Backlog is invalid value for Affects Versions"

I would like to do the same on update to Affects Versions, but not sure how to accomplish it.

Did anyone do anything like that? What tool did you use? 

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Is there a reason you have Backlog setup as a fixversion?  You should consider removing it altogether from the fixversions and set it up as a status instead.

affectsversion is meant to target a specific release in the case where you find a problem with a release and need to attribute it to that specific released version.

helen levich
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

Thank you for comment. List of versions is used for multiple version fields.  "Backlog" is legitimate option for other than Affects Versions.  So, I'm looking at how to prevent it to be available specifically for Affects Versions. 

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

You cant

helen levich
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

What do you mean, Randy? Did you already try it or you just know?

Suggest an answer