Not all resolution types are included in search results using resolved

Dan Kastelik August 3, 2017

Hi Atlassian community

I am looking for resolved tickets with a set period for specific projects.

I am using this jql script;

project in ("x", "y", "z") AND resolved >= 2017-07-01 AND resolved <= 2017-07-31

The problem I'm having is that tickets with a resolution other than "Done" are not being included in the results returned. I.e. "Fixed", "Won't Fix", "Cannot reproduce" are omitted.

I have tried using both "resolution" and "resolutiondate"

Any suggestions how to include all resolution types?

Thanks

Dan

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

That suggests you simply don't have any issues with resolutions other than "done" in those three projects resolved in July.

There definitely are tickets with a resolution type other than Done.

I've carried out a separate query ( project in ("x", "y", "z") AND resolution != Done) and this returns results that I would expect to see within the selected dates

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Ok, two things next:

Can you test a query for the date range alone?  Does that find the issues with resolutions?

Can you try re-indexing projects X, Y and Z, then retry the original query?

Querying with just the date range give me results with different resolution types. This results now include tickets from projects that I need to exclude.

Regarding Reindexing the projects, this might be a silly question but I can't see this button to allow me to do this. I've searched Jira confluence and I can't see this on my installation. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2017

You need to be a JIRA Admin to reindex

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2017

As the clauses work independently, there are only two reasons that joining them with an "and" would get you no results other than done.  The index is broken in an interesting way, or the intersecting result set really does contain no issues other than done ones.

Suggest an answer