Not able to view the Edit,Hide,Required,Screens button for a custom field under field configuration in jira

jayasingh March 15, 2014

Hi,

we have upgraded jira5.0.7 to jira 6.1.7 and jira-misc plugin from 1.5.0 to 1.5.7. By mistake under field configuration i have removed the description formula start tag (<!--) for the custom-field "Risk Exposure"and i have updated. But after that i am not able to see the Edit,Hide,Required,Screens button in jira for that custom field.I have tried setting the description as empty using the below query

UPDATE fieldlayoutitem SET description = '' WHERE fieldlayout = '10260' AND fieldidentifier = 'customfield_12161';

but still i am not able to see those options.PFB Screen Shot, the options not visible for Risk Exposure

Could you please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2014

I suspect this is a UI bug on that page and when the description contains html code the buttons are not visibe.

One way to get around that is to open

/secure/admin/EditFieldLayoutItem!default.jspa?id=10260&position=26 (replace position with the proper one, see the position of the "Risk Category/Impacted Area" item and put the next one).

and then set the description to something short "..." for example.

Then the buttons should be visible.

Also you can use a simular links to hide, show, etc... this field layout item:

/secure/admin/EditFieldLayoutHide.jspa?id=10260&hide=26

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2014

You have one more option:

Change the description of the "Risk Exposure" custom field as the field configuration schemes page shows the custom field description by default in case there is no specific description (blank) set for the specific field configuration scheme.

jayasingh March 19, 2014

Hi Boris,

Many thanks for the response.

I have made both the custom field and custom field configuration description as empty from back end and i have restart jira. After that i m able to see the options we have modified the formula and now its working fine

Thanks,

Jayasingh

Suggest an answer