Not able to start sprint using python-jira API

Ravi November 11, 2016

I am trying to start a sprint using python-JIRA API:

jira.update_sprint(13, state='ACTIVE')

I seeing following error:

esponse text = {"message":"Unrecognized field \"state\" (Class com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.sprint.model.UpdateSprintRequest), not marked as ignorable\n at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@15ae364; line: 1, column: 12] (through reference chain: com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.sprint.model.UpdateSprintRequest[\"state\"])","status-code":500,"stack-trace":"org.codehaus.jackson.map.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException: Unrecognized field \"state\" (Class com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.sprint.model.UpdateSprintRequest), not marked as ignorable\n at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@15ae364; line: 1, column: 12] (through reference chain: com.atlassian.greenhopper.web.rapid.sprint.model.UpdateSprintRequest[\"state\"])\n\tat org.codehaus.jackson.map.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException.from(UnrecognizedPropertyException.java:53)\n\tat org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializationContext.unknownFieldException(StdDeserializationContext.java:267)\n\tat org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.std.StdDeserializer.reportUnknownProperty(StdDeserializer.java:673)\n\tat org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.std.StdDeserializer.handleUnknownProperty(StdDeserializer.java:659)\n\tat org.co

Please someone help with this.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2016

It looks like the python-JIRA API is sending data that JIRA does not need or expect.

Have you tried making the call over the REST API (this is what the python wrapper calls, so it's worth checking if that gives a similar error)?

Ravi November 12, 2016

Can you point me such link, how i can call those APIs from python.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2016

See https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/REST/latest/#agile/1.0/sprint and have a look at the "update" call which starts sprints.

Suggest an answer