Not able to see the copied fields in subtask after adding copy to subtasl plugin in jira

srrekanth February 26, 2013

Hi All,

I have added a plugin copy to subtask plugin in jira and done configuration and i have created a issue and when create a subtask issue i cant able to see the copied fields in subtask.can one tell where i am going wrong.

3 answers

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hi,

I would suggest you to use the JIRA Misc Workflow plugin instead for this purpose!

(https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions)

It solves your issue really nice via a post-function and it gives you tons of more very good extensions!

Try it, you like it!

Rgrds,

// Svante

srrekanth February 27, 2013

Hi Sante,

After adding the jira misc workflow extensions plugin i am not bale to see the copied fields values in subtask issue.Can you please tell where is going wrong.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hi,

This is what you need to do:

1. Open the workflow that controls the subtask type
  2. Select the initial state (usually New)
  3. Here you should see the Create-transition
  4. There are 3 pre-defined post-functions for this tarnsition
  5. Add a new post-function and select the "Set Field Value from Parent" action
  6. Select what field you want to copy
  7. Make sure the field is available in the Issue context of a subtask
  8. When created you should move this new action to happen AFTER the "Creates the issue originally" action
  9. Publish your new version of the workflow
  10. Exit admin-mode
  11. Create a new issue with a value set in the field you want to copy to the subtask
  12. Create a sub-task. NOTE that the copied value will NOT be shown in the create issue screen. (you should actually remove these fields from the Create Subtask screen since they are set automatically
  13. When you have created the sub-task, it should have the field in concern copied

Let me know how it goes!

// Svante

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2013

Hi Kanthu,

Any success with your subtask field copy?

// Svante

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

Which version of JIRA and the plugin? Are you seeing any error?

Are you using the "hide fields" option?

Hi Jobin,

we are using JIRA 5.0.7 and copy to subtask plugin as v3.1 which supports for jira 5.0.7.I am not using any field as Hide option during configuration and there is no error through UI

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

Have you tried re-indexing?

Hi Christian,

we have done reindexing yesterday and still we are not able to see the copied fields in subtask issue.

Suggest an answer