• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not able to see all boards in the backlog

Hi,

I created a classic project under which i created 4 boards. I have created tasks and user stories in the backlog and allocated these in the respective boards.

However, when i am going into the backlog of the project, i cannot see all the boards, but just two and the backlog.

Help!!

Regards,

Arpita Ray

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Dec 16, 2020

I am not following here. Boards don’t show up under backlog. Issues show up under backlog. The issues that are presented in the backlog or on boards is controlled by the filter the defines the boards. Please help me better understand what your goal is and what problem you’re dealing with.

Hi Jack, thank you for the quick reply.

So basically, i created 4 boards under a classic project, but i am not able to see all the boards on backlog. Please see screenshot attached.JIRA_1.pngHow am i able to see just two instead of four?

Regards,

Arpita

I am still not sure what you mean be "see all the boards on the backlog"

Boards are not part of a backlog.  Could you explain what you think is missing from where, without saying "on the backlog"?

Agree. Arpita, I think you are expecting something to function in a manner that it does not.

How do i see the boards with the tasks/user stories, etc allocated under them on one page?

The underlying filter must be defined in a manner that would include all issues. 

I still don't quite see what you are asking for. 

A list of boards is available in the dropdown that shows which board you are currently in (development board \/  in your screenshot), but your last comment suggests you're looking for some sort of dashboard with sevaral boards displayed together (which would be pretty useless as you'd have to have a lot of scrolling, or make everything too small to be readable)

I think what Arpita is asking for is this....

Board 1, Board 2, Board 3, Board 4 with one single Backlog. So selecting the Board simply changes what is shown on the Active board (Kanban or Scrum) but by clicking on the Backlog it will always show all backlog issues associated w/ all boards. If I move an item to the active board it will appear ONLY on one board 1, 2, 3, 4.

Backlogs and active boards go hand in hand.

Like Arpita Ray likes this

Ah, yes, that's better than how I read it.

I often describe backlogs as almost part of the board.  Because people often talk about "the board" and actually mean "the board and what feeds into it - the backlog".  The backlog and the board are different views of the same filter, with the samme configuration.  Neither is part of the other, it's an entwined pair of views, so the concepts of "board in backlog" and "backlog in board" are nonsense.  It's "which board/backlog pair"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you