Not able to remove comment from transition screen in JIRA cloud JIRA

Test User September 19, 2019

On a particular transaction in a workflow, a screen will be poped up to the user and user is expected to fill few fileds on the screen but along with those fields even cooments is also getting added to the screen. So, I had inserted below code in the descrition of one of the fields, t worked in the server version of JIRA but the samething is not working in cloud instance.  And top of it, the script is also getting displayed in the scree below that field.

Could someone please help e on this on how to achieve this in cloud instance.

Below is the code used:

<script type="text/javascript">

if(AJS.$('#issue-workflow-transition-submit').val() =='Verify Trainings'){

AJS.$('div.comment-input').css('display', 'none');

}

</script>

1 answer

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

You can restrict comments via project properties in that status, but I don't find any reason to forbid comments in a transition if they are optional

Test User September 23, 2019

Thank you for your response.

As we are capturing comments already in another custom filed, we would like to get rid of this redundant field. So, simply I just dont want that filed to be shown on the screen.

Which property I can use? And can the property hide the comment field on the screen

Suggest an answer