Not able to mark Reopened JIRA item as Resolved if it is not assigned to me.

Chandra Veeramreddy March 16, 2016

If jira item is not assigned to me (at least reopened one) I am not able to mark it as resolved by one step. Need to:

• assign to me
  • start process
  • after than mark resolved.

I would prefer to avoid some extra not necessary steps. As team lead I can face this kind of steps more frequently.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

Check the permissions on the project.  My guess is that the permission "resolve issue" is limited to "assignee"

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

Additionally, workflow and screens are customizable by your administrator and these things can be accomplished easily.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

We restrict transitions to the assignee; people shouldn't be messing other peoples assigned work. It also prevents people from accidentally transitioning an issue you're not working. What you see as an inconvenience may very well save you grief in the future.  

Suggest an answer